Facebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn IconJustia IconYouTube IconFeed Icon

Planning to move to Italy for employment? You’ll need a work visa…


If you’re planning to move to Italy for employment, you’ll need a work visa. The type of employment visa, your country of origin and your profession are all factors in deciding which route you need to take to working in Italy. If you’re a citizen of a country covered by the European Union freedom of movement rules, visa requirements do not apply but you will need an Italian residence permit for stays longer than 90 days. If you’re from another country though, you will need to apply for a work permit and a visa (visto) – a type of Long Stay visa valid for those staying in Italy longer than 90 days. As a non-EU citizen, there are three main documents you need to live and work in Italy: a work permit; a work visa; and a residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) within 8 days of arriving in Italy. It is also important to keep an eye on the so-called Decreto Flussi (Flow Decree), an annual quota for how many people can enter the country to work.

For more information please contact our office.


Comments are closed.

Contact Information